Cadence Bank is currently seeking a Staff Review Appraiser in their Appraisal Risk Management Department. This position will be involved in frequent in-depth underwriting discussions and appropriate communication with appraisers to resolve appraisal related issues and provide coaching. The position will occasionally handle high volumes and be held to a service level agreement to ensure our sales force maintains superior Customer Service
Summary: Under the general supervision of the Residential Appraisal Review Manager, conduct appraisal reviews ordered by the Centralized Appraisal Department highlighting real estate valuation risk management issues and ensuring that the bank's appraisal practices conform to bank/mortgage appraisal regulations, professional appraisal standards and established policies. Key responsibility will includes reviewing 1-4 unit residential real estate appraisal reports.
Essential Job Duties:
- To serve as a bank resource in real estate appraisal activities to minimize potential losses by providing credible risk-based valuation services and advice
- Help ensure quality of appraisal work product
- Apply process expertise and knowledge of department functions to coordinate with appraisers for any necessary corrections on appraisals prepared for the Bank
- Act as liaison between the appraiser, lending staff, management and others to ensure that independence in the process is maintained in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Assist with training of lender and other Bank associates regarding appraisal regulations, rules and policy
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Requires four-year college degree or equivalent education
- Minimum four years of appraisal experience and a Certified Residential Real Estate Appraiser License
- Strong analytical, communication and customer services skills
- Preferred bank appraisal department experience and membership or candidacy in professional appraisal organizations (SRA preferred)
The above statements intend to describe the general nature and level of the work performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Cadence Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary. Cadence Bank is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.