|Requisition Number||06045 FD Att 05/28|
|Title||Front Desk Clerk|
|Description||POSITION TITLE: Front Desk Attendant|
DEPARTMENT: Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center (Kroc Center Hawaii)
SUPERVISOR: Member Services Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non- Exempt
CLASSIFICATION: Part Time, Hourly
GENERAL STATEMENT: The Salvation Army is a branch of the Christian Church, and the ultimate goal of all programs is a spiritual, emotional and physical regeneration of all people.
MISSION STATEMENT: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
KROC CENTER HAWAII VISION: Kroc Center Hawaii is a community center where families, individuals and relationships thrive in the name of Jesus.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Front Desk Attendant is responsible for providing exceptional customer service experiences. The Front Desk Attendant will be responsible for membership sales and/or verifying memberships through a Point of Sales (POS) system, providing information and answering questions about available programs and retention and appreciation of all guests.
The Front Desk Attendant will have a deep commitment to the mission of The Salvation Army, which will be evident in his or her professional life and the manner in which he or she represents The Salvation Army Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center in the community.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. High School Diploma or GED equivalency.
2. Must be computer literate with proficient typing skills and the ability to use new software programs with basic training.
3. Must have excellent telephone skills with the ability to maintain a non-judgmental attitude in working with guests, members and staff.
4. Must be at least 18 years old.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Experience with a Point of Sales (POS) system preferred.
2. Experience in membership recruitment preferred.
3. Two years' experience as a cashier and/or in customer service preferred.
1. Greet members and guests as they enter Kroc Center Hawaii and ensure that members and guests feel welcomed and have a positive experience. For example, smile, make eye contact, use member's or guest's name whenever possible, ensures questions are answered.
2. Conducts informative tours of the Kroc Center Hawaii. Provides membership information to interested parties and explains the benefits of membership to all guests and visitors.
3. Processes membership applications and guest passes for guests and members according to established procedures.
4. Receive payment by cash, check, credit card or debit card. Compute and record totals of transactions; issue receipts, credits or change due to guests or members utilizing the Point of Sale (POS) kiosk system. Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
5. Monitor and verify access of members and guests into the appropriate areas; ensure that there is no misuse or abuse of identification cards.
6. Provides prompt, professional, and courteous customer service by knowing current program and activity offerings and helps guests and members have their inquiries effectively addressed.
7. Promote/sell programs and special events, making insightful recommendations that reflect the needs/interests of members and guests. Promote memberships, guest passes, and retail items utilizing the POS kiosk system.
8. Receive and answer incoming telephone calls and visitors in a friendly and businesslike manner; direct calls/inquiries to appropriate program/staff in a timely manner. Communicate with members, guests, co-workers and the general public using appropriate verbal and written language skills.
9. Maintains the orderliness and cleanliness of the membership lobby, front desk, and makes sure public areas are safe, clean and neatly arranged at all times.
10. Responsible for all opening and closing duties and securing the POS area at the end of shift.
11. Handle and resolve member's and guest's complaints, by obtaining and evaluating all relevant data to handle complaints and inquiries. Follow up with members and guests to ensure high-level satisfaction and determining future requirements. Notify Member Service Manager or leads of all issues and refer guest or member to them if further action is needed.
12. Notifies the appropriate department, staff or manager to resolve issues, or by handling simple issues personally.
13. Assist Member Services Manager and leads in maintaining a membership database of records utilizing a complex computer program. Ensures confidentiality of all data.
14. Provide administrative support to include filing, data entry and mailing.
15. Provide back-up support for Child Watch.
16. Adhere to The Salvation Army's policies and procedures in handling cash and accounting procedures. Assist in the receipt and safe keeping of all cash from each program venue.
17. Assist the Member Services Manager and leads to ensure staff communicates daily with the Facilities Department to address cleanliness and maintenance related issues.
18. Assist the Member Services Manager and leads to ensure staff exceeds first-class customer service expectations. Maintains healthy relationships with coworkers by exhibiting good communications skills and positive attitude.
19. Follow and ensure adherence to The Salvation Army Policies and Procedures.
20. Maintain the Code of Ethics policy, which has been established for the Kroc Center Hawaii.
21. Attend staff meetings and other administrative meetings.
22. Maintain regular and punctual work attendance. Available to work a flexible schedule that includes working on weekends, holidays, and evenings.
23. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Able to prioritize and organize work assignments and take projects from beginning through completion.
2. Able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
3. Able to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain poise under pressure.
4. Is self-motivated, energetic, enthusiastic, motivational, and able to maintain a self-directed schedule
5. Genuine interest and commitment to providing quality service.
6. Respond to crisis situations in a calm and effective manner and remain calm when resolving problems using good judgment.
7. Must possess the self-discipline necessary to perform repetitive tasks without lowering quality of work.
8. Able to work with limited supervision, and work in a team setting with other professionals.
9. Exercise good judgment and comfortable taking initiative with projects.
The position requires sitting; climbing and/or balancing; stooping, kneeling, bending, stretching, crouching and/or crawling; standing; walking; manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; use of vision; driving a vehicle; pushing/pulling/lifting/carrying 25-50 pounds and occasionally more than 50 pounds. This employee may also be required to work weekends, holidays and evenings.
The position requires talking to co-workers, members/guests and vendors; requires written communication to and from co-workers, members/guests and vendors; talking on the telephone; requires responding to written or verbal requests of co-workers, members/guests and vendors; requires training/giving verbal and written instructions; requires receiving verbal and written instructions; requires writing/composing written language; requires reading; requires visiting/working at other worksites; requires communication via the latest technologies.
The position requires the ability to interact with co-workers and the public in a positive professional manner in conformity with The Salvation Army Mission Statement. The position also requires the ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and circumstances.
Equipment used includes general office equipment such as computers, point of sale kiosks, photocopiers, scanners, printers, fax machines, telephone, microphones, audio-visual equipment, 10-key calculator and automobile.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Most work will be indoors at the Kroc Center Hawaii Front Desk in Kapolei and at the Kroc Center Hawaii administration office. Attendance at trainings and conferences may be required.
Uniforms may be required; such as wearing Kroc Center Hawaii apparel.
CERTIFICATES & LICENSES:
The candidate chosen for this position must have a valid driver's license and insured transportation.
On an annual basis, employees are required to participate in The Salvation Army's Fleet Safety Program.
May require CPR and First Aid Certification
The candidate chosen for this position will be required to pass a criminal history information check. Conviction of a crime will not automatically preclude employment. The circumstances involved in the conviction(s) will be considered.
The information in this job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory, or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by management.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
* Interested parties must apply online at http://www.kroccenterhawaii.org/careers.html
Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.