|Requisition Number||20-0140- Kona Merchandiser/ driver|
|Description||THE SALVATION ARMY|
HAWAIIAN & PACIFIC ISLANDS DIVISION
Department: Kona Corps
Position Title: Merchandiser/Driver
Supervisor: Store Manager/Corps Officer
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Date: February 2020
General Statement: The Salvation Army is a branch of the Christian Church, and the ultimate goal of all programs is a spiritual regeneration of all people.
Mission Statement: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Job Summary: The Driver/Merchandiser is responsible for keeping the sales floor stocked, clean and organized and for assisting customers as needed, Will transport donations from donors place of business or residence to the store - will help receive call within the store from prospective donors.
* Valid Driver's License
* Be Available as needed.
* Assist with unloading of truck of merchandise delivered to the store.
* Make pickups at donors home or place of business as needed
* Place priced items on the racks and shelves in a timely manner
* Remove dated tags and separate for rag out
* Keep miscellaneous items organized and neatly arrange
* Keep clothing racks full
* Keep clothing racks organized and neatly arranged
* Assist as cashier as needed
* Receive donations brought directly to the store by the general public
* Assist with counting of cash each day as necessary and delivery to the bank for night deposit
* Always act courteously on communication with donors and prospective donors.
* Maintain vehicle in good operating condition, including cleanliness.
* Keep vehicle in good repair
* When not engaged in driving, assist in the warehouse with sorting, cleaning, and pricing or other needs as defined by the store manager.
* Assist with Seasonal items during the busy months of November/December as instructed by the Corps Officers.
* Ability to work under stressful conditions
* Ability to interact with others with courtesy and tact
* Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects in an organized and efficient manner
* Ability to respond to crisis situations in a calm and effective manner
* Ability to complete projects on schedule
* Maintain confidentiality
* Maintain regular and punctual work attendance
The position requires sitting; climbing and/or balancing; stooping, kneeling, bending, stretching, crouching and/or crawling; standing; walking, manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; use of vision; driving a vehicle; pushing/pulling/lifting/carrying 25-50 pounds and occasionally more than 50 pounds; traveling by airplane.
The position requires talking to co-workers, clients, vendors; requires written communication to and from co-workers, clients, vendors; talking on the telephone; requires responding to written or verbal requests of co-workers, clients, and vendors; requires training/giving verbal and written instructions; requires writing/composing written language; requires reading; requires visiting/working at other worksites; requires communication via the latest technologies.
* The skills/technical knowledge of this position can usually be taught on the job
* Use of sales equipment such as cash registers, calculator, pricing machines, etc.
* Use office equipment such as computers, photocopiers, etc.
Most work will be done indoors at the Kona Ohana Thrift Store
The information in this job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Employees will be required t o follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by management.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than "at will" employment relationship.