|Requisition Number||19-0630- Bell Ringer Kaneohe|
|Title||Christmas Kettle Bell Ringer|
|Description||THE SALVATION ARMY|
HAWAIIAN & PACIFIC ISLANDS DIVISION
Kettle Worker (aka Bell Ringer)
Position Title: Bell ringer
Supervisor: Corps Officer
FLSA Status: Non-exempt, seasonal, temporary
General Statement: The Salvation Army is a branch of the Christian Church, and the ultimate goal of all programs is a spiritual regeneration of all people.
MISSION STATEMENT: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by love for God. Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
JOB SUMMARY: Staff the Christmas kettles and receive donations from shoppers.
* Report to work on a regular and punctual basis as scheduled at various locations, both indoors and outdoors.
* Interact with others with courtesy and tact
* Receive donations from shoppers.
* Work under stressful conditions
* Respond to crisis situations in a calm and effective manner
* Handle cash in a secure fashion
* Maintain confidentiality
* Talk and interact with co-workers, supervisors, shoppers.
Performs other duties as assigned.
The position requires standing; walking; sitting; stooping, kneeling, bending, stretching, crouching and/or crawling; manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; use of vision; pushing/pulling/lifting/carrying 25 pounds
Valid Hawaii driver's license (if needed)
THE KETTLE WORKER'S SCHEDULE: Monday through Saturday starting in November and ending on or about Christmas Eve.
It is necessary to subscribe to certain basic procedures to ensure the successful operation of The Salvation Army Kettle Program. If you are willing to abide by the following instructions, please sign and return this application to our office.
1) I will be willing to wear Salvation Army identification
2) I will wear a jacket or apron specified by The Salvation Army.
3) I will maintain a neat and clean appearance at all times.
4) I will not smoke, drink, or use drugs while working on the kettles.
5) I will be flexible in adjusting to whatever working schedule and locations are necessary.
6) I will represent The Salvation Army to the best of my ability.
7) I will follow basic safety guidelines
The information in this job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory, or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by management.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
Employee's Signature: __________________________ Date: _______________