|Requisition Number||06045 DC Coord 11/15|
|Description||POSITION TITLE: Day Camp Coordinator|
DEPARTMENT: Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center (Kroc Center Hawaii)
SUPERVISOR: Youth Ministry/Day Camp Director
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time, Hourly
GENERAL STATEMENT: The Salvation Army is a branch of the Christian Church, and the ultimate goal of all programs is a spiritual, emotional, and physical regeneration of all people.
MISSION STATEMENT: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
KROC CENTER HAWAII Vision: Kroc Center Hawaii is a community center where families, individuals, and relationships thrive in the name of Jesus.
RELIGIOUS SUMMARY: Although this position does not require or confer ordination, this is a "ministry position." Only Christians with a demonstrated strong personal faith and agreement with the teaching of Holy Scripture as explained in The Salvation Army "Articles of War" and the "Handbook of Doctrine" will be considered for this position. Maintaining a lifestyle and witness consistent with the above stated documents is required for continued employment.
The Day Camp Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating and supervising the all-year round Day Camp at The Kroc Center Hawaii. This person must possess effective verbal and written communications, ability to multi task, and fill in as a camp leader when scheduling requires.
The Day Camp Coordinator will have a deep commitment to the mission of The Salvation Army, which will be evident in his or her professional life and the manner in which he or she represents The Salvation Army Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center in the community.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. High School Diploma or GED.
2. Must be at least 18 years of age.
3. This position requires supervisory experience in a recreational and educational, or fine arts field including experience in planning, developing, coordinating and supervising Day Camp, or residential camp programs.
4. Experience in non-profit organization preferred.
5. TB Test Clearance required.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. A Bachelor's degree in Recreation, Education, Fine Arts or other related field is required or experience directing Day Camp programs in a leadership position
1. Will be responsible for daily coordination of the Day Camp and development tracks, including all year-round activities for multi-track school systems.
2. Assist in the process to interview, select, train and evaluate Day Camp personnel, also known as Leads, Counselors, and Program Aides.
3. Will schedule and coordinate Kroc Center Hawaii venues for Day Camp programs.
4. Will coordinate outside camp vendors and any specialty camp instructors as necessary.
5. Will schedule and give supervision to Day Camp program staff. Will ensure all staff strictly adheres to The Salvation Army mission, the Kroc Center Hawaii vision, and Day Camp policies and procedures.
6. Will develop curriculum for Day Camp programs to ensure adherence to the mission of the Salvation Army, specifically, to ensure programs "preach the gospel of Jesus Christ".
7. Will assist to plan, organize and implement staff trainings and screenings on an on-going basis. Instruct camp staff to lead camp and other recreation activities with professionalism and passion according to training protocol and scheduled lesson plans.
8. Will work with marketing department and Youth Ministry/Day Camp Director to develop a camp guide within or addition to the Program guide, handbook and other camp collateral pieces throughout the year.
9. Ensure liability waivers are secured for all campers. Maintain accurate records regarding camp waivers, forms, and staff requirements and information.
10. Conduct regular inventory of all equipment and supplies. Follow policies and procedures to maintain approval of supplies and arrange replacement when necessary.
11. Establish a successful, valued relationship with volunteers and parents, and incorporate them into the program.
12. Handle disputes with campers, parents and staff in a professional, responsible and calm manner.
13. Provide excellent customer service to all of the campers and their guardians, upholding the vision of the Kroc Center Hawaii.
14. Responsible for quality assurance of the program, participant feedback, as well as implement and perform surveys as needed to track program outcomes, successes and deficiencies.
15. Coordinate field trips, including selection of destinations in a safe and learning rich environment.
16. Oversee implementation of discipline procedures created for campers. Complete report to parents to inform parents of any camper injury, behavioral issues, dispute, etc. Facilitate any needed and/or ongoing communication with parents or guardians.
17. Operate Kroc Center vehicles as required to provide participant transportation.
18. Attend staff meetings and other administrative meetings as assigned.
19. Knowledgeable of Recreation Management Software (RMS) and Pint of Sale (POS) systems used.
20. Handle basic finance procedures including refunds, RFPs, ITs and any cash payments from parents while following the proper finance protocols and procedures and providing proper documentation.
21. Assist in the development of staff recruitment/acquisition plan.
22. Serve as a proxy for the Day Camp Director (DCD) in meetings and events, including responsibilities in the scheduling of employees and the staff usage of UltiPro.
23. Assist and at time, carry out the responsibilities to on board new hires and employees including conducting interviews and communicating with HR for staff needs.
24. Lead trainings and orientations as assigned.
25. Develop new program concepts for the Day Camp program.
26. Perform other assignments/duties as directed.
1. Have the ability to maintain a self-motivated and self- directed schedule along with the ability to address multiple projects in a timely and efficient manner.
2. Be positive, responsive, detail oriented and have the ability to take projects from beginning through completion.
3. Have the ability to interact with co-workers and the public in a positive, professional manner in conformity with The Salvation Army Mission Statement. The person in this position must be able to cultivate teamwork with staff and the facility as a whole.
4. Must be able to work with people of diverse backgrounds and circumstances. They must be able to work with limited supervision and in a team setting with other professionals.
5. Must be able to exercise good judgment and be comfortable taking initiative with projects.
6. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain poise under pressure.
7. Respond to crisis situations in a calm and effective manner.
8. Must possess the self-discipline necessary to perform repetitive tasks without lowering quality of work.
9. Able to work with limited supervision, and work in a team setting with other professionals.
10. This employee will also be required to work weekends as scheduled and have a flexible working schedule.
The position requires sitting; climbing and/or balancing; stooping, kneeling, bending, stretching, crouching and/or crawling; standing; walking; manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; use of vision; pushing/pulling/lifting/carrying 25 pounds and occasionally more than 50 pounds.
The position requires talking to co-workers, clients, vendors; requires written communication to and from co-workers, clients, vendor; talking on the telephone; requires responding to written or verbal requests of co-workers, clients, and vendors; requires training/giving verbal and written instructions; requires receiving verbal and written instructions; requires writing/composing written language; requires reading; requires visiting/working at other worksites; requires communication via the latest technologies.
Position requires proficiency with current Microsoft software computer programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, internet, and standard office equipment and systems.
CERTIFICATES & LICENSES
TB Test Clearance
Candidate must have a valid driver's license and insured transportation and participation in The Salvation Army's Fleet Safety Program on an annual basis.
Current First Aid, CPR and AED certification required.
The candidate chosen for this position will be required to pass a criminal history information check. Conviction of a crime will not automatically preclude employment. The circumstances involved in the conviction(s) will be considered.
The information in this job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory, or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by management.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
* Interested parties must apply online at http://www.kroccenterhawaii.org/careers.html
Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.