Hale Kai Service Attendant
Provide friendly, courteous and efficient food and beverage service to all guests. Clean and set up tables in the outlet and perform other food service related duties, including general cleaning and set up.
The Fairmont Orchid Hawaii is a luxury AAA four-diamond Kohala Coast oceanfront resort with white sand lagoon, Hawaiian Spa Without Walls, golf, extensive meeting facilities, year-round children's program, five restaurants and tennis, all serviced with Aloha. We are currently looking for new colleagues to join our 'Ohana and share that Aloha here at The Fairmont Orchid, Hawai'i.
Reporting to the Hale Kai Manager , responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Colleagues with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, colleagues may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
- Upon employment, all colleagues are required to fully comply with Fairmont rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel's facilities. Colleagues who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Ensure a positive first impression of the restaurant for our guests through detailed cleanliness, set-up and ambiance control.
- Provide unique dining experiences to all of our guests through warm, personal & detailed service in an upscale, fast paced environment.
- Previous service experience an asset
- Previous Point of Sale System experience an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to:
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
VISA: Must be currently authorized to work in the United States
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over. An exciting future awaits!
The Fairmont Orchid is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.