|Requisition Number||06045 Pool Att 09/17|
|Description||POSITION TITLE: Pool Attendant |
DEPARTMENT: Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center (Kroc Center Hawaii)
SUPERVISOR: Aquatic Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
CLASSIFICATION: Part Time, Hourly
GENERAL STATEMENT: The Salvation Army is a branch of the Christian Church, and the ultimate goal of all programs is a spiritual, emotional and physical regeneration of all people.
MISSION STATEMENT: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
KROC CENTER HAWAII VISION: Kroc Center Hawaii is a community center where families, individuals and relationships thrive in the name of Jesus.
Under the general direction of the Aquatic Coordinator, Pool Attendant will assist lifeguards
to ensure a safe and orderly swimming environment; assisting with day-to-day activities of the pool and ensuring a clean and enjoyable facility for members and guests.
The Kroc Center Hawaii Pool Attendant will have a deep commitment to the mission of The Salvation Army, which will be evident in his or her professional life and the manner in which he or she represents The Salvation Army Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center in the community.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Will accept candidates who are in High school or enrolled in College.
2. Must be at least 16 years of age
3. A child labor certificate or "work permit" is required for minors under the age of 16 years old.
4. Previous customer service work experience helpful.
Any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will be accepted.
1. Assists the lifeguards in the monitoring of the pool area and help to consistently enforce all rules.
2. Prepare and submit accident/incident reports.
3. Monitors activities at the pool to prevent accidents. Maintains a vigilant watch of the swimming pool areas in accordance with the operating procedures and takes necessary action to ensure the safety of all pool users and staff.
4. Cautions swimmers regarding unsafe practices and safety hazards; enforces and adheres to pool rules and regulations.
5. Interacts with members and guests in a positive and pleasant manner.
6. Greet and assist members and guests in a manner consistent with excellent customer service standards
7. Assists lifeguards in maintaining the cleanliness of the pool area, locker rooms and facility.
8. Assist with early childhood swim education programs, and other swim classes offered to the community.
9. Assist with community activities
10. May assist in determining chlorine content and pH value of water, using water testing kit, and recording readings.
11. Attendance training sessions, as well as staff meetings and in-service training.
12. Follows emergency action plan and procedures established in the event of an emergency.
13. Observe document and report safety issues to the appropriate supervisors.
14. Support and communicate with supervisors and co-workers regarding routine and non-routine work-related issues or policies.
15. Assume a schedule of flexible working hours, including weekends, holidays and evenings.
16. Practice safe work habits and contribute to the safety of self, Kroc Center Hawaii co-workers and the general public.
17. Maintain a neat, professional appearance.
18. Follow and ensure adherence to The Salvation Army Policies and Procedures.
19. Maintain the Code of Ethics policy, which has been established for the Kroc Center Hawaii.
20. Perform other assignments/duties as directed.
1. Strong organizational skills and ability to multi task.
2. Detail oriented and attention to detail.
3. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain poise under pressure.
4. Ability to maintain a self-motivated and self- directed schedule.
5. Ability to take projects from beginning through completion.
6. Respond to crisis situations in a calm and effective manner.
7. Must possess the self-discipline necessary to perform repetitive tasks without lowering quality of work.
8. Able to work with limited supervision, and work in a team setting with other professionals.
9. Exercise good judgment and comfortable taking initiative with projects.
The candidate chosen for this position is frequently required to run, swim, paddle and walk long distances; stand and sit for long periods; uses hand to finger, handle, feel or operate lifesaving equipment. The employee may lift, push, or pull persons or equipment over 100 pounds. The position requires sitting; climbing and/or balancing; stooping, kneeling, bending, stretching, crouching and/or crawling; standing; walking; manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; use of vision; driving a vehicle; pushing/pulling/lifting/carrying 50-75 pounds and occasionally more than 75 pounds. This employee may also be required to work weekends, holidays, and evenings.
The position requires talking to co-workers, clients, vendors; requires written communication to and from co-workers, clients, vendor; talking on the telephone; requires responding to written or verbal requests of co-workers, clients, and vendors; requires training/giving verbal and written instructions; requires receiving verbal and written instructions; requires writing/composing written language; requires reading; requires visiting/working at other worksites; requires communication via the latest technologies.
The ability to interact with co-workers and the public in a positive, professional manner in conformity with The Salvation Army Mission Statement. The ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and circumstances.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The employee regularly works under outdoor weather conditions, is routinely exposed to the sun, may be exposed to extreme heat; works on uneven and/or slippery surfaces and is periodically exposed to hazardous conditions/situations.
Rescue hooks, rescue tubes, ring buoys, wet/dry vacuums, other pool maintenance equipment
The candidate chosen for this position will be required to pass a criminal history information check. Conviction of a crime will not automatically preclude employment. The circumstances involved in the conviction(s) will be considered.
The information in this job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory, or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by management.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
* Interested parties must apply online at http://www.kroccenterhawaii.org/careers.html
Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.