Emergency Wound Care Technician
Responsible for assessing and treating people of all ages for a wide range of conditions. Prescribes antibiotics for infections, sets broken bones, administers inoculations, and performs other various healthcare procedures.
- Provide healthcare for families and people of all ages.
- Treat sinus infections and respiratory illnesses.
- Set broken bones.
- Supervise and direct nurses, physician assistants, and other technicians.
- Work full time in a hospital or healthcare practice.
- Diagnose illnesses and infections.
- Prescribe antibiotics.
- Refer patients to specialists.
- Perform physicals.
- Obtain medical histories.
- Order, perform, and interpret diagnostic tests.
- Take and interpret X-rays.
- Counsel patients on diet and preventive healthcare.
- Give vaccines and other inoculations.
- Treat sprains and fractures.
- Provide advice on diet, exercise, and sex.
- Perform pelvic exams and prescribe birth control.
- Monitor patients' progress.
- Explain procedures and offer alternatives.
- Give second opinions on a diagnosis.
- Work with social workers, rehabilitation therapists, pharmacists, psychologists, and other health care providers.
- Provide advice on disease prevention.